Sunday, June 12, 2011

Relay Nails - Patchwork


My Nails for Relay.  This was after one day of wear so please forgive the tipwear.
Thank you to Kayla for the tutorial.  I wanted all three colors for Relay and i wanted to try to show each of them equally on each nail.

Colors used
Base - Funny Bunny 2 coats (not best but as OPI was most other colors felt it was the best base)
Orange - Brights Power - OPI Brights collection
Blue - No Room for the blues - OPI
Yellow - Mellow Yellow - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Black lines - Black silkline & Kiss Nailart
Top coat - Seche Vite

As per Kayla's pictures tutorial the first step was making the black lines for the template.  And the last step was also making the black lines again.  I found some nails i was horrible at coloring in the space and running my colors on top of each other or painting overtop the black line.

I got lots of people commenting on this design, and the time it must have taken to do it, i found it was an easier design to do, but as my nails are still on the short side i used my paintbrushs to fill in the colors the nailpolish brushes were too wide.  It was amazing even at the end of the Relay (6:00 am) it still didn't look too bad, lots of chips but i only had 2 casualty nails in all the hauling and packing and unpacking of stuff.

1 comment:

  1. RAH RAH! THESE are FREAKING FANTASTIC! GO GIRL! I will have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete